Birth, Death, Marriage & Divorce Certificates

The Town Clerk is responsible for the recording of all vital events that occur in the Town. Vital events include marriages, deaths, and births. Marriage licenses and certified copies of vital records are issued by the Town Clerk's office.


  • Marriage License: $50
  • Certified Copy: $15 for the first copy and $10 for each additional copy requested at the same time.

Note: A fee of $15 is collected even if the requested record is not on file with this office.

Marriage Licenses & Certificates

A couple getting married in the State of New Hampshire may apply for their marriage license in any Town Clerk's office in the state. They must provide proof of identification and age (the bride and groom must be at least 18 years of age). A state driver's license is sufficient in most cases. If either of the contracting parties has been previously married, that person must provide a certified copy of a divorce/annulment decree or the death certificate of a deceased spouse. The license is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. The fee is $50.

After the marriage occurs, the officiant completes the license and returns it to the town of applicancy, after which the couple may obtain a copy of the marriage certificate. The fee for the certificate is $15.

Copies of Birth, Death, Divorce, & Marriage Certificates

Per New Hampshire law, vital records are considered closed records and are only accessible to immediate family members. Copies of vital record events during specific years are available at the Town Clerk's office, regardless of where the event took place.

  • Birth: 1935 to present (except 1949 and 1950)
  • Death: 1965 to present
  • Marriage: 1960 to present
  • Divorce: 1979 to present

Copies of vital record events prior to the above dates must be obtained through the actual Town Clerk's office where the event took place. You can also obtain certified copies online.

Positive identification must be shown in order to obtain copies of vital records. Please be prepared to present ID when making requests in person. If sending a request through the mail, a copy of your ID must be sent with the request.

For more information about New Hampshire's Vital records program please visit the NH Secretary of State's Vital Records Division at NH Vital Records.