Motor Vehicle Registration Renewals & Estimates

New Purchase

If you recently purchased your vehicle, you will need to present a certificate of origin, a title or title application prepared by an NH dealer for the year vehicle 2000 and newer.

Vehicles year 2000 and newer require titles. Vehicles 1999 and older, a bill of sale is required along with a previously issued current or expired New Hampshire registration, a valid New Hampshire or out-of-state title (or copy), or a completed Verification of Vehicle ID Number Form 19A (available online or at the Town Clerk's office). Both the NH or out-of-state title must have a completed transfer of ownership on the back along with a bill of sale. If you wish to transfer your current NH license plates you must present your existing registration so that a determination as to whether or not the plates are transferable can be made.

With all transactions, you will need to show proof of residency and/or proof of identification.


Renew the registration on your motor vehicle.

If your vehicle was previously registered in Moultonborough, you will be mailed a renewal reminder notice at the end of the month prior to your renewal month. You are able to renew in person, by mail or use the new E-Reg link to renew your registration online.

Registrations Done at the State Level

Snowmobiles and off-road recreational vehicles are not registered at the Town Clerk's office. You will need to contact the state at 227-4030 or an authorized agent (usually dealers for these type of vehicles) for information regarding these types of registrations.

New Mopeds are done at the State DMV Office. Renewals can be done at the Town Clerk's Office at Town Hall.

Driver's Licenses

For further information, please call the Licensing Division in Concord at 603-271-2371 or read further online.

Vanity Plates

You must complete an application for the vanity plate and bring it to the Town Clerks Office. You can print an application for the vanity plate (PDF).


Get a motor vehicle registration estimate.

Motor Vehicle Forms and Documents